Islands are important component of kitchens. They are usually placed in the centre of the kitchen, and are useful enhancements that provides additional counter room and storage. Kitchen islands are also the focal point of the kitchen design. Here are some practical and passionate kitchen island ideas and layouts you can copy for your own kitchen plan or upgrade.
- 1 List of 33+ Amazing Kitchen Island Ideas for Your Kitchen Decor Ideas and Inspiration
- 1.1 1. Pacific Heights Kitchen
- 1.2 2. Stainless-steel Kitchen
- 1.3 3. Contemporary Kitchen Island
- 1.4 4. Chef Kitchen With Bar Stools and Brick Wall
- 1.5 5. White Chef Kitchen With Two Fridges
- 1.6 6. Monochromatic All-White Modern Kitchen With Long Table Island
- 1.7 7. Luxurious White Kitchen With Eat-In Island and Prep Island
- 1.8 8. Craftsman Kitchen Rustic and Inviting
- 1.9 9. White and Orange Mid Century Kitchen
- 1.10 10. Mid Century Modern Kitchen with Black and White Kitchen Island
- 1.11 11. Open Kitchen With Vaulted Ceiling and Oversize Island
- 1.12 12. White Modern Kitchen With Oak Floors
- 1.13 13. Open Up Plan Kitchen With Wood Accents
- 1.14 14. White Chef Kitchen With White Orchid
- 1.15 15. Deluxe Chef’s Kitchen With Double-Oven Island and White Cabinets
- 1.16 16. Open Plan Kitchen With Wood Ceiling
- 1.17 17. Neutral Mediterranean Open Kitchen With Leather Stools
- 1.18 18. Large Country Kitchen With Pot Rack
- 1.19 19. Cottage Kitchen With White Range Hood
- 1.20 20. Olive Green Chef Kitchen With Wood Floors
- 1.21 21. Large Kitchen With Striped Accent Wall
- 1.22 22. Open Rustic Kitchen is Warm and Inviting
- 1.23 23. Contemporary Kitchen with Marble Island
- 1.24 24. Chic and Contemporary Family-Friendly Kitchen
- 1.25 25. Large Kitchen Eat-In Island With Brown Leather Bar Chairs and Polished Wood Counter Top Under Black Pendant Lights
- 1.26 26. Multi Functional Kitchen Island Provides Counter Space and Seating for Five
- 1.27 27. Funky Pendant Lights in Neutral, Eclectic Kitchen
- 1.28 28. Transitional Open Kitchen With Wood Counter Tops
- 1.29 29. Contemporary Kitchen With Bright Pink Island
- 1.30 30. Open and Bright Family Kitchen
- 1.31 31. Blue and White Transitional Kitchen With Shades
- 1.32 32. White Rustic Kitchen with Open Shelving
- 1.33 33. White Farmhouse Kitchen with Green Accents
- 1.34 RELATED POST
List of 33+ Amazing Kitchen Island Ideas for Your Kitchen Decor Ideas and Inspiration
Whether you’re looking for more storage, counter space or added seating, a kitchen island is constantly an excellent remedy, even in a big or tiny area. For inspiration, we’ve rounded up 33 of our favored kitchen islands for you to have a look at.
1. Pacific Heights Kitchen
This is a modern Pacific Heights kitchen with a pop of environment-friendly shade, stainless steel devices, black marble kitchen counters, and white cupboards.
2. Stainless-steel Kitchen
This standard kitchen functions white closets, great deals of all-natural wood and industrial-grade stainless steel appliances.
3. Contemporary Kitchen Island
This contemporary kitchen with an open floor strategy has a large island that consists of a gas variety oven.
4. Chef Kitchen With Bar Stools and Brick Wall
Collect round and watch the chef whip up lots of masterpieces in this gourmet kitchen. There’s room for four at the island, area for more down at the comfy eating space.
5. White Chef Kitchen With Two Fridges
Difficult to discover a kitchen extra smooth and stylish than this with its crisp, white combination heated up by revealed beam of lights and a wood floor. Two stainless steel refrigerators and a thick marble kitchen counter contribute to the luxe factor.
6. Monochromatic All-White Modern Kitchen With Long Table Island
This monochromatic kitchen has white walls, floor, ceiling, cabinets, chairs and backsplash, while the counter top and long kitchen island table top are in black.
7. Luxurious White Kitchen With Eat-In Island and Prep Island
This white high-end kitchen includes an eat-in island, an island for preparing food, wide-plank wood floors and chandelier-style illumination.
8. Craftsman Kitchen Rustic and Inviting
Terracotta ceramic tile floor covering grounds this Craftsman kitchen, which sets rustic cabinets with neutral kitchen counters. A lengthy line of home windows permit for an attractive view while washing recipes and brings in much-needed natural light.
9. White and Orange Mid Century Kitchen
Floor-to-ceiling home windows usher all-natural light into the streamlined, modern kitchen. A huge kitchen island rests below unique orange and gold lighting fixtures in the facility of the space. Alongside it, a fashionable, midcentury modern table supplies seating with a sight. A fashionable, rock fire place remains on the back of the area, adding warmth throughout the area.
10. Mid Century Modern Kitchen with Black and White Kitchen Island
Not only is this black and white, Midcentury Modern kitchen classy and streamlined, the area is likewise unbelievably functional. A lot of cupboards on the back wall surface and hid cabinets in the island offer the room lots of storage, while the significant kitchen island includes counter space in addition to seating for eight, making the area excellent for any dimension party.
11. Open Kitchen With Vaulted Ceiling and Oversize Island
This open kitchen has stainless-steel home appliances and a large eat-in island with integrated stove and storage space. A vaulted ceiling adds to the space.
12. White Modern Kitchen With Oak Floors
This open plan kitchen includes extra, modern design in all white, a selection that includes to the brilliant, airy feeling. The counter tops are drifting Corian with a knife-edge information.
13. Open Up Plan Kitchen With Wood Accents
This gourmet kitchen showcases koa wood cabinets significantly triggered by black granite counter tops. The family foodie will certainly be delighted by 2 Subzero refrigerators and a walk-in, temperature-controlled wine room. There’s likewise (obviously there is) a bar.
14. White Chef Kitchen With White Orchid
Wide paths, a massive central island and so much storage space and preparation room. Yes, this kitchen makes also the biggest feasts enjoyable to function on.
15. Deluxe Chef’s Kitchen With Double-Oven Island and White Cabinets
This high-end chef’s kitchen features plentiful white closets, a beautiful rock ceramic tile flooring and a large island with two stoves.
16. Open Plan Kitchen With Wood Ceiling
The home’s indoor design is a mix of Caribbean and Bermudian-inspired information, its blue-and-white color design and stylish natural wood accents a handsome complement to the beachfront setup.
17. Neutral Mediterranean Open Kitchen With Leather Stools
The kitchen is cozy and inviting with all-wood cabinets and flooring in a honey shade and a center island perfect for laid-back events.
18. Large Country Kitchen With Pot Rack
This huge kitchen feels simple in vogue, with white kitchen counters, clean-lined closets and bare wall surfaces. Yet the amenities are chef-quality and the lengthy island ensures there’s a lot of prep room to go around.
19. Cottage Kitchen With White Range Hood
This premium kitchen has all the appeal of the initial home’s style with attractive wood floorings, lots of windows and distinct information. However the facilities have actually been updated to maintain the contemporary cook pleased.
20. Olive Green Chef Kitchen With Wood Floors
Olive eco-friendly is an uncommon, but remarkably stylish option for this kitchen’s walls, specifically when livened up by the fresh, white cabinetry. Cinnamon-colored floors add a welcome note of heat.
21. Large Kitchen With Striped Accent Wall
This spacious kitchen utilizes patterns and structures to add aesthetic passion to its neutral combination: A small-scale chevron red stripe covers the back wall, vibrant without being overwhelming. Overhead, thick, rustic light beams aid relocate the eye across the room.
22. Open Rustic Kitchen is Warm and Inviting
Warm hardwood floorings ground this extensive rustic kitchen, which has large home windows overlooking the mountains in Whistler, British Columbia. Soft white cabinets offer storage space in the room, while a corner banquette and all-natural wood barstools at the island produce relaxing eating spots.
23. Contemporary Kitchen with Marble Island
The crucial function of this Santa Monica kitchen is a stunning marble monolithic island that acts as a modern sculptural piece. Neutral square floor tiles ground the room, while smooth wood closets are topped with tidy white countertops.
24. Chic and Contemporary Family-Friendly Kitchen
A soft gray and white shade scheme sets the tone for this open, modern kitchen. Streamlined closets set with trendy marble counter tops, and stainless steel pro-quality home appliances enhance the modern aesthetic.
25. Large Kitchen Eat-In Island With Brown Leather Bar Chairs and Polished Wood Counter Top Under Black Pendant Lights
Leather bar chairs mix perfectly with the wood surfaces made use of as accents in this kitchen design. Four heavy, black necklace lights develop a square over the sleek island kitchen counter. All-natural wood revealed beams compliment the coating of the china closet providing a country impact to the contemporary style.
26. Multi Functional Kitchen Island Provides Counter Space and Seating for Five
To give the home owners much-needed room for amusing, designers mounted a big kitchen island that has sufficient seatsing for a minimum of five visitors. Not just does this space supply seating, it additionally provides the homeowners additional counter area for easy dish preparation, since there is direct accessibility to the home’s dual ovens, microwave, refrigerator and cooktop from the kitchen island, which also has a big preparation sink for basic kitchen cleaning.
27. Funky Pendant Lights in Neutral, Eclectic Kitchen
Originally, there were 2 huge chandeliers hanging over the kitchen’s island, so to upgrade the room to fit the home owners’ design style, designers replaced them with three funky necklace lights that prolong from the kitchen island to the table.
28. Transitional Open Kitchen With Wood Counter Tops
A butcher block counter top and revealed light beams provide rustic kindness to this open principle kitchen. A stainless-steel array hood and dark blue kitchen cabinetry add a polished feel.
29. Contemporary Kitchen With Bright Pink Island
Pattern and appearance are crucial in this urban contemporary kitchen. The bold peony and vine backsplash makes a dramatic declaration and is offset by sleek wood cabinets. The lively pink island is color matched to the the stove, and contemporary pendant lights brighten the room.
30. Open and Bright Family Kitchen
The risen ceiling increases the total size of this all-white kitchen, which is created to be a family-friendly heart of the home. A significant navy island suits the youngsters’ baseball group and hides scuff marks, as well as includes shade to the room. The barstools are picked because they’re easy to wipe clean. Tucked in the edge is a relaxing banquette morning meal nook.
31. Blue and White Transitional Kitchen With Shades
This formerly dark and uninteresting kitchen gets a whole new life with gorgeous blue kitchen cabinetry, fragile pendants and roman tones with a subtle graphic print. The backsplash is the celebrity of the area: grey floor tiles in a herringbone pattern.
32. White Rustic Kitchen with Open Shelving
This rustic-chic Martha’s Vineyard home plays hard, and its streamlined kitchen strives, too. White cabinets lines the lower half of three walls, while open shelving over offers elegant storage space. Subjected light beams on the ceiling contribute to the room’s rustic style.
33. White Farmhouse Kitchen with Green Accents
This streamlined, yet charming farmhouse kitchen includes both duration and modern components, including mid century inspired bar stools and a typical apron sink. Environment-friendly is a motif that duplicates throughout, on the kitchen counter, the lighting fixtures as well as the home window cases. A contemporary color palette and modern furnishings changed this when dark and dated home into a comfortable and family-friendly lodge.